My great nephew and great niece have back-to-back birthdays this coming week. I think it's so interesting that my niece has two children whose birthdays are one day after the other, and my daughter's children share the same birthday. I needed to get the cards in the mail today. I made Finn's a few weeks ago for one of my #100DayProjects. For Rowan's card, I used this week's sketch at CAS(e) This Sketch.
Both cards used a similar technique: outline images and one colored focal point. Here's Rowan's card for her first birthday:
As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew it would be a perfect first birthday card, but I wasn't sure I had a cupcake image the right size. But in a quick search, I discovered this cupcake in "Tremendous Treats: Birthday" by Papertrey Ink---another set that I've had for a long time, but haven't used in an equally long time. I started by die cutting a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock with a "Stitched Rectangle" from Simon Says. Then I stamped the outline images with Hibicus Burst ink and set that aside. I stamped another image in black ink, added Nuvo Glimmer paste to the top of the cupcake and let it dry. Then I colored the cupcake liner and the star with Copic markers and fussy cut it.
I embossed the sentiment from "Wishes Come True" (PTI) on Hibiscus Burst and created a banner with the Washi Chomper by We R Memory Keepers. The focal point was added with some dimensional dots and everything adhered to a Raspberry Fizz card.
Here's Finn's card. Like many three year-olds, he's obsessed with trucks, so the images from Papertrey Ink's "Truckin' It," seemed just right. It's a set I bought when Caleb was little, but had never used.
The striped pattern paper on the bottom of the card was in my stash, but not with the paper pad it came from. The sentiment was stamped on a Pure Poppy banner die cut with Tag Sale #10 (PTI). The tiny three on the fire truck is from a Cocoa Daisy kit from my scrapbooking days before Project Life. I must say the goal of #100DayProject to try new techniques and make use of new or long neglected stamp sets is proving to be pretty successful!
This past week was so busy I resorted to watching technique videos for my #100DayProject---not much to show for it so there wasn't an update post this week. I have some time today and tomorrow to put some of those techniques to work so will hopefully have something to share on Tuesday. (I totally ruined all the colored pencil images I worked on while I was away, trying to overstamp them with black ink. Although I left the stamps in the MISTI while I was away, and thought they lined up perfectly---not. so. much. Very disappointing, but the object was practice with the new colored pencils after all.)